Saturday, July 2, 2011

How to Add an Actions Library to Datacap Studio

Datacap Taskmaster Installation automatically supplies a full set of up-to-date

Actions Libraries (.rrx). Alert! Although you can add new libraries, and new

actions to a library – be sure to consult Datacap Support or your Installation

Manager first. (This section only explains the basic principles involved.)
Each RRX file contains related actions in a unique category.

In the case of a new Actions Library file, for example, take these steps to add it

to Datacap Studio:
• Give the file a name that reflects the nature of the actions it contains.
• Copy the file.
• Paste it into the RRX sub-folder of the Datacap directory’s RRS folder.
• Open your Datacap Studio.
Be sure the new file is part of the Actions library tab’s list of files with global actions.
This very short example from the Validations.rrx file is the code for the single

IsThisFieldFilled action.
<af name="IsThisFieldFilled" access="public" bInter="bInter" bDebug="bDebug"

qi="Confirms if current field has a captured value.">

<h><![CDATA[ Confirms if the current field has a captured value. ]]>
<e><![CDATA[ IsThisFieldFilled() ]]></e>
</h><![CDATA[
If(CurrentObj.ObjectType = DCO_FIELD) Then
If(Trim(CurrentObj.Text)<>"") Then
IsThisFieldFilled = true
Else
IsThisFieldFilled = false
end if
Else
writelog("function IsThisFieldFilled works only on field level")
IsThisFieldFilled = False
End if ]]></af>

If you do add an action, Datacap Studio will list it as part of the Actions Library.

Remember! Be sure to work with Datacap Support or your Implementation Manager

if you intend to add a new action to an Actions Library.
The Properties dialog does not display properties for a library or an action until

the action is part of a rule

9 comments:

  1. I have a question. This may be pretty simple but the question is - How do I remove a page flagged inside a batch before it is presented for validation. I want to identify blank pages for removal and apply a status code that later I will remove those pages identied with that code. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to comment that this is an interesting blog and I appreciate you taking the time to post some of this information. I will be looking at the e-mail import process over the next couple of weeks. I may need to use a different method just because of licensing. Thanks Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-Duper website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete
  5. You completed various nice points there. I did a search on the subject and found mainly persons will consent with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think other website proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and fantastic user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You're an expert in this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is very useful. Thank the author very much for providing a much of Superb post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete